Wednesday, April 2, 2014

People Like You Card

Do you need some vibrant colors to brighten your day?  Give Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Pear Pizzazz a try.  They are vibrant and are great for adding details when watercoloring or coloring with a blender pen.  You can make the flowers bright or darker if you like by adding more color with an Aquapainter or a Blender Pen.  For this card, I stamped the People Like You stamp with StazOn Black ink.  When using StazOn ink, you can easily use an Aquapainter or a Blender Pen without having the black ink blend or smear when you are coloring in your image.  I used an Aquapainter and watercolor paper for this stamp so I could add lots of color and feel like an artist at the same time.  I love how stamping can allow you to feel like an artist with just a few tools. 

I stamped the wording again in StazOn black ink on a separate piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.  Then, I hand cut it so the wording would fit inside the Melon Mambo layer.  I used the Decorative Label punch to make the Melon Mambo layer behind the wording and attached it to the stamped image with dimensionals.  To pull this card together, I layered the watercolor paper layer on top of the Daffodil Delight layer and added some Daffodil Delight Seam Binding to the corners.  Then I attached it to the Melon Mambo card base with dimensionals.  I didn't like how much the Melon Mambo color bled into my Daffodil Delight flower so I added some Basic Pearl Jewels to give it a different look.  I like the detail it added to such a simple card.
Watercolor flowers close up

Ingredients
·         Stamps:
o   People Like You
 
·         Paper:
o    3 5/8" x 4 6/8" Watercolor Paper
o Very Vanilla scraps for wording (punched out)
o   Melon Mambo 5 ½” x 8 ½” (scored at 4 ¼”) and scraps for punch
o   Daffodil Delight 4" x 5 ¼”
   
·         Ink:
o   Black StazOn ink
o Daffodil Delight
o   Melon Mambo
o   Pear Pizzazz
·         Tools and Accessories:
o ½" Daffodil Delight Seam Binding
o   Decorative Label Punch
o   Aquapainter - to color in the flowers and stems on the watercolor paper
o   Basic Pearl Jewels
o   Stampin’ Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment