Wednesday, April 30, 2014

How To Make Cards on the Run

A quick and simple Mother's Day card using Paper Pumpkin kits
My daughter has gymnastics for an hour every week and there are times when I find that I really need to get things done and this hour provides me with the perfect opportunity.  So I grabbed a few Paper Pumpkin kits, adhesive and scissors to take with me this week.  I started to play with each kit and mix them together to create some quick and simple cards.  I did not use the instructions and card or decor layouts that Stampin' Up! provided in the kits.  Instead, I used the supplies, ink and accessories to create my own cards.  What do you think?
I used pieces of the January Paper Pumpkin cards to create my card layer.
Added some stickers and stamps from the January Paper Pumpkin kit.
Other side of January Paper Pumpkin card that I used to create the front layer of my next card.
Added some stickers and In Color Boutique Details Button from January Paper Pumpkin kit and added greeting from April Paper Pumpkin kit to create this card on a Whisper White card base.
The start of a new card using the January Paper Pumpkin cards and stickers from the kit.
For You card completed with paper doily, stickers and In Color Boutique Details button from January Paper Pumpkin kit.  Greeting from April Paper Pumpkin kit.
Inside of For You card using heart, hexagon, XOXO and border stickers from kit.
Stickers that were included in the January Paper Pumpkin kit.  Way too many for only 4 card bases that were provided in kit so the stickers can be used to create more cards and/or paper crafts later.
Ingredients (mostly from 2 Paper Pumpkin kits)
·         Stamps:
o   Love Notes (Paper Pumpkin kit - January 2014)
o   Framed Love (Paper Pumpkin kit - April 2014)
·         Paper:
o   Whisper White card stock 4 ¼” x 11" (scored at 5 ½")
o   Kraft card stock already printed in Coastal Cabana or Calypso Coral 5 ½” x 8 ½” (scored at 4 ¼”)
·         Ink Spots (included in January & April 2014 Paper Pumpkin kits):
o   Basic Gray
o   Coastal Cabana
·         Tools and Accessories:
o   In Color Boutique Details Buttons (included as a free gift in one of the Paper Pumpkin Kits)
o   Tea Lace Paper Doilies (included in January 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit)
o   Sheets of Stickers (hearts, hexagons, banners, trim, etc.) - included in January 2014 Paper Pumpkin Kit
o   Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment