Wednesday, April 9, 2014

By The Tide Card

By The Tide is one of my favorite stamp sets!  It helps me look forward to the beach and the warmer weather.  For this card, I wanted to make it simple and easy to create.  So I sponged a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Whisper White card stock with Pool Party ink.  I just swept the sponge across the card stock softly to give it a water look.  I also sponged the edges of the card stock to give more color to the card.  I stamped the coral in Crisp Cantaloupe and the wording "Warmest Wishes on your birthday" from the Blessings from Heaven set.  I stamped the fish in Pool Party on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock and hand cut the fish out.  Then, I added it above the coral with a dimensional.  After looking at this card for awhile, I felt something was missing.  So I decided to add a Basic Pearl Jewel for the fish's eye.  My card still needed something so I added some Basic Pearl Jewels to the coral to give it a little sparkle and shine.


Ingredients
·         Stamps:
o   Blessings from Heaven
o   By The Tide
·         Paper:
o   Whisper White 4” x 5 ¼” and scraps for fish - stamped and hand cut
o   Crisp Cantaloupe card stock 5 ½” x 8 ½” (scored at 4 ¼”)
·         Ink:
o   Crisp Cantaloupe
o   Pool Party - used for stamping and sponging on WW card stock layer
·         Tools and Accessories:
o   Stamping Sponges
o   Pearl Basic Jewels
o   Stampin’ Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment