Wednesday, March 26, 2014

By the Tide Tag Card

 With the weather going between a mixture of rain and snow, and warm spring-like temperatures, this NC girl is dreaming of the summer already.  So I decided to pull out my By The Tide stamp set and the color combination of Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party and Whisper White.  I started by punching the top of a 2" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock using the Scalloped Tag Topper punch.  Next, I stamped the wording from the By The Tide set in Pool Party on the Whisper White tag on a diagonal.  I added the "Thank You So Much" greeting in Crisp Cantaloupe from the Lots of Thanks stamp set and a hand-cut Crisp Cantaloupe shell added with a dimensional.  I also added some Natural Trim to the top of the tag and a Calypso Coral button (looks similar in color to the Crisp Cantaloupe) with Linen Thread tied into a bow.  To complete this card, I embossed a 4” x 5 ¼” Crisp Cantaloupe layer using the Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I added all of my layers onto a 4 ½” x 11” Pool Party card base.  I keep this card in my windowed cabinet so whenever I am having a bad day or just hating the weather we are having, I can look at this card and look forward to visiting the beach this summer.
Close up of Tag
Tag by itself would make a great gift tag!
Ingredients
·         Stamps:
o   By The Tide
o Lots of Thanks
·         Paper:
o   Crisp Cantaloupe card stock 4” x 5 ¼” - embossed with Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
o   Pool Party card stock 4 ½” x 11” (scored at 5 ½”)
o   Whisper White card stock 2” x 4” for tag and scraps for shell - stamped and hand cut
·         Ink:
o   Crisp Cantaloupe
o   Pool Party
·         Tools and Accessories:
o   Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
o   Scalloped Tag Topper Punch
o   Natural Trim
o   Natural Linen Thread
o   Subtles Designer Buttons
o   Stampin’ Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment