Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Chalk Talk & Cycle Celebration Card

Stampin' Up!'s Convention is only 2 weeks away and I am getting so excited about going with a great group of girls!  Jen, Deena, Jenny and I from Pink Paper Bakery are all going together to convention and always have fun when we're together...sometimes too much fun :)  As I prepare for convention, I have been creating a few different card layouts and designs that I can duplicate for card swapping.  It's a chance for demonstrators to swap their cards for another demonstrator's card.  I always end up with many different ideas to share with my crafting friends.  So here is the first card I have created for swapping:
My new fav stamp set: Cycle Celebration!
I love the look of tone on tone card layers so I started with a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock on top of a Whisper White card base.  Then I added a 4" x 1 1/4" piece of Daffodil Delight DSP from the Quatrefancy Specialty DSP, added the bicycle image in Bermuda Bay from the Cycle Celebration stamp set, added the "hello" greeting from the Four You stamp set by alternating Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay markers on the letters and added  a greeting in Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay from the Chalk Talk stamp set and cut it out with the Chalk Talk framelits.  But my card was lacking something.  Luckily, I was stamping with Deena so she was able to suggest the Bermuda Bay banner on top of the Daffodil Delight DSP and the Daffodil Delight flower punched out with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  It made my original card layout pop and I just love it!
Close up of banner and DSP layers
Ingredients:
Chalk Talk stamp set #130631 WM or #130634 CM
Cycle Celebration stamp set #130270 WM or #130273 CM
Four You stamp set #130535 WM or #130538 CM
Chalk Talk Framelits #129983
Quatrefancy Specialty DSP #130141
Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack #118309
Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay ink and markers
Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White card stock
Rhinestone Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment