Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Missing Tooth Punch Art Card

My inspiration for today's card came from my recent experience with chipping a tooth.  Unfortunately, my daughter was a little excited about returning to dance class after our vacation.  While I was helping her get dressed, she jumped up and hit my chin.  My bottom tooth chipped and I had to visit the dentist first thing this morning.  Looks like I may need a root canal and a cap to make my tooth more comfortable since I'm still in so much pain :(  So I decided to use my experience to make a card for a child who has lost a tooth. 
Hippo who lost a tooth
Close up of hippo

Tooth created from Small Oval and Bitty Butterfly punches
To create hippo I used the following punches and sponged the edges 
of the punched pieces before assembling:
2 ½ ” Circle for body
1 3/8″ Circle for head
Extra-Large Oval for mouth - punch 2; punched out the lower lip/mouth of hippo by putting extra-large oval punched piece into the extra-large oval punch a second time and punching out a huge chunk of the oval
Small Oval for teeth - punch 3; punched out teeth by putting small oval punched piece into small oval punch a second time and punching out 1/2 of the oval
Bitty Butterfly for teeth marks at top of teeth - fed small oval punched pieces into bitty butterfly punch where the bottom wings come together
¾” Circle for ears - punch 2
½” Circle for inside of ears - punch 2

Itty Bitty Circle from Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack for eyes- punch 2
Modern Label for legs/feet - punch 2

I think this would make a great "Congratulations on using your first tooth!" card.  I will be making up a few of these to use for my friends' kids soon.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 ½ ”  Circle Punch #120906
1 3/8" Circle Punch #119860
Extra-Large Punch  # 119859
Small Oval Punch #120908
Bitty Butterfly Punch #129406
¾” Circle Punch #119873
½” Circle Punch #119869
Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack #118309
Model Label Punch #119849
Window Frames Collection framelits (used as a layer behind hippo) #129021
Smoky Slate, Whisper White and Pink Pirouette card stock
Basic Gray ink for sponging on hippo pieces
Smoky Slate ink for "congratulations" greeting on card
uni-ball Signo Gel Pen for adding hippo's nostrils

No comments:

Post a Comment