Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cycle Celebration Card

I love the large candle image from the Cycle Celebration stamp set but wasn't quite sure what to do with it.  Once I got my hands on the new Birthday Basics DSP and saw the sheet of random candles, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I decided to stamp the single large candle image onto a 3 1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock over and over again in different colors to create a background.  At first, I tried stamping it on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with the color combination I chose to use (Strawberry Slush, Basic Gray, Coastal Cabana and Crisp Cantaloupe).  It didn't look so great though so I switched over to the Whisper White card stock and the colors popped!  Then I added my candle background layer to a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock and put both layers onto a Strawberry Slush card base.  I decided to use the greeting that came with the Cycle Celebration stamp set and stamped it in Basic Gray and Strawberry Slush but couldn't decide which color I liked the best.  On recommendation by a great friend and fellow blogger - Deena, I punched out the Strawberry Slush greeting and added it on top of the Basic Gray greeting.  Both of these layers were backed with a piece of Basic Gray card stock punched out with the Decorative Label punch and then added to the card with dimensionals.  I love how bright and vibrant these colors are and how well these colors go together!
*Tip for creating the candle background with a single large candle image: If you don't have a very even hand when stamping, I suggest using the Stamp-A-Jig tool to make your candles look even and lined up perfectly.

Ingredients:
Cycle Celebration stamp set #130270 WM or #130273 CM
Decorative Label Punch #120907
Large Oval Punch #119855
Strawberry Slush, Basic Gray, Coastal Cabana and Crisp Cantaloupe ink pads or markers
Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Basic Gray and Whisper White card stock
Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment