Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Backyard Basics/Hello Friend Card

Hello Sweet Friends!  All of us bakers have returned from Stampin' Up!'s Convention and I'm already going through withdrawls.  To help deal with my withdrawls, I've gone to the beach with my family for a week.  It's not the same type of vacation as having lots of fun with my Stampin' Up! demonstrator friends but there's nothing like being at the beach to help you unwind after such an awesome trip.  Plus, get your mind going some more about all the new and exciting products coming out with the Holiday Catalog on August 1st!

Until then, here's another card I created to swap with other demonstrators at convention.  I created it by embossing a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock using the Honeycomb Embossing Folder.  Added it to an Early Expresso card base.  I stamped the bee image from the Backyard Basics stamp set in Early Expresso onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it out using the matching framelits.  I love these things!  I wanted the bee to look like it was going to it's beehive so I punched out 3 - Daffodil Delight pieces of card stock using the Hexagon Punch.  To add a bit of dimension, I sponged around the edges of each punched piece of Daffodil Delight card stock and glued them to the Honeycomb Embossed Layer.  I also stamped a greeting from the Six-Sided Sampler stamp set and punched it out using the Hexagon Punch as well.  I added this  punched layer to the Whisper White background layer with a dimensional. I also added the bee with a dimensional.
Ingredients:
Backyard Basics stamp set #129255 WM or #129258 CM
Backyard Basics Framelits #129380
Six-Sided Sampler stamp set #130953 WM or #130956 CM
Hexagon Punch #130919
Honeycomb Embossing Folder #129378
Early Espresso ink
Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso and Whisper White card stock
Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment