Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Perfect Blend Card



I had to get this stamp set because I just love the cute coffee cup and sayings and I don’t even drink coffee! I decided to use the Epic Day This and That DSP to give me inspiration for the color combinations.  This DSP was great for the look of spilled coffee on the card.  The Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and Crumb Cake ink added the awesome effect of spilled coffee at the bottom of the card.  After stamping the coffee cup in Crumb Cake and cutting it out by hand, I felt it needed something else behind it to make it pop.  I reached for my new Positively Chevron background stamp set and stamped it in Crumb Cake on a sheet of Very Vanilla card stock.  I played around with the Ovals Collection Framelits and Chalk Talk Framelits to see which I liked best behind the coffee cup.  It was a toss up so I'm sharing both ideas with you today.  This card was a quick and easy due to the layout and the awesome look of the DSP and the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set made it even easier for me to put it together.
Perfect Blend stamp set with Ovals Collection Framelits as a background

If you haven't tried the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, give it a try today.  The stamp set has a lot of background ideas that can be easier added to your cards to give it a "WOW" effect.  I have to admit that this was not a stamp set on my to buy list until we received it at Stampin' Up!'s Convention. It has quickly become my "go to" stamp set when I feel a little something is needed for a card. 

Perfect Blend stamp set with Chalk Talk Framelits as a background & Calypso Coral ink for the coffee cup and wording

Ingredients:
Perfect Blend stamp set #130745 WM or #131392 CM
Gorgeous Grunge stamp set #130514 WM or #130517 CM
Positively Chevron stamp set #130496 WM or #130499 CM
Epic Day This and That DSP #130814
1 3/8” Circle Punch #119860
Oval Collection Framelits #129381
Chalk Talk Framelits #129983
Very Vanilla card stock
Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral and Gumball Green ink
Stampin' Dimensional


No comments:

Post a Comment