Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Happy Birthday Sailor! Card

I loved this new photopolymer stamp set so much that I had to make a birthday card with it right away.  I wanted to make the main layer of the card resemble a Polaroid picture so I cut the middle out of the So Saffron card stock layer.  It would have been so much easier if I had the new Stampin' Trimmer Rotary Addition and Straight Rotary Cutting Blades for the Stampin' Trimmer.  These would have allowed me to twist my paper and cut the middle out of the card stock much easier than the way I did on my trimmer.  Lesson learned and it is now the first item on my "To Buy" list.

To make this Happy Birthday Sailor card, I stamped the banner image in Calypso Coral.  Then, I added the banner image in So Saffron, the HB Sailor wording inside the banner in Calypso Coral and the sailboats in Pool Party.  To make sure everything fit inside the So Saffron frame, I just placed it on top of the Whisper White layer before I began stamping.  I had to be very careful to not stamp onto my So Saffron frame which was a bit tricky.  (Tip: You could always use your Stamp-A-Ma-Jig tool to make sure it would fit inside the frame.)  I also added the "Life's better at the beach" image in Calypso Coral and punched it out using the 1 3/8" Circle Punch.  My color combination (Calypso Coral, Pool Party and So Saffron) came straight from the "I Am Me" DSP which always makes coming up with a different color combo much easier for me.

I love how quick and easy this card was made using the photopolymer stamps and the "I Am Me" DSP.  I will definitely be making some more of these to have on hand for upcoming kids' birthdays.  Enjoy!

My favorite saying of this whole set "Life is better at the beach"

Settin' Sail Photopolymer Stamp Set
Ingredients:
Settin' Sail Photopolymer stamp set #133453
I Am Me DSP #13138
1 3/8" Circle Punch #119860
Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Whisper White card stock
Calypso Coral, Pool Party, So Saffron ink
Stampin' Trimmer #126889
Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment