Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Quick and Simple Thank You Card

In need of a quick and simple Thank You card for your child's teacher, a co-worker or a neighbor?  Give this card a try and save your time for spending with others in your life.
This card was originally CASED from the annual catalog last year. Since I knew it was a simple card, I decided to make up a few for my children's teachers this year. It took no time at all to stamp the butterflies in different colors and add a Thank You greeting to the top. The original card had 5 butterflies. I adapted my card to fit a large greeting. I stamped the yellow butterfly on a scrap piece of card stock and then punched it out using the Elegant Butterfly punch. I placed it between the other two butterflies with a dimensional to give it some "pop".

Ingredients
·         Stamps:
o   Papillon Potpourri
o   Lots of Thanks
·         Paper:
o   Bermuda Bay 5 1/4" x 2" strips for the scalloped layered background layer
o   Daffodil Delight card stock 4 ½” x 11” (scored at 5 ½”) for card base
o  Whisper White card stock 5 1/4" x 3 ½"
·         Ink:
o   Daffodil Delight
o   Island Indigo
o   Melon Mambo
o   Wild Wasabi
·         Tools and Accessories:
o   (retired) Scalloped Edge Border punch - still one of my favorites!
o   Elegant Butterfly punch
o   Stampin’ Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment