Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy Easter Card

It's time to start thinking about one of my favorite holidays...Easter!  Don't you just love all the candy and goodies that come out near Easter and the weather?  I love when the weather starts to warm up, the birds start to sing, and the flowers start to bloom with the beginning of Spring and Easter!  So obviously I need to create an Easter card to send to our loved ones.  So this is what I came up with...

I used the Basic Gray Chevron DSP from the I Am Me DSP pack for my background.  Then, added some Pear Pizzazz card stock cut with the new Fringe Scissors to look like grass.  To create the eggs, I used the Extra-Large Oval punch and punched out 2 eggs, embossed them using the Decorative Dots (SAB) Embossing Folder to add some detail, and then colored at random some of the dots with Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz markers.  I added a piece of Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine tied in a bow to the edge of my DSP and grass layer before adding it to a Whisper White card base.  The thing I love about the Baker's Twine is that the colors mixed with the white twine in the Baker's Twine make it so much easier to make similar colors go together.  I added the "happy Easter" sentiment from the (retired) Well Scripted set in Coastal Cabana and then punched it out using the Large Oval punch.  I decided to make the words pop by layering it on top of a piece of Bermuda Bay card stock that was punched out using the Scallop Oval punch.  A quick and easy card that will be easy to duplicate for family and friends this Easter.


Ingredients
·         Stamps:
o   (retired) Well Scripted
·         Paper:
o   I Am Me DSP 4” x 5 ¼”
o   Whisper White card stock 4 ½” x 11” (scored at 5 ½”) and scraps for punches
o   Bermuda Bay scraps for punch
·         Ink:
o   Crisp Cantaloupe
o   Coastal Cabana
o   Daffodil Delight
o   Pear Pizzazz
·         Tools and Accessories:
o   Fringe Scissors
o   Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine
o   Extra-Large Oval Punch
o   Large Oval Punch
o   Scallop Oval Punch
o   Decorative Dots (SAB) Embossing Folder
o   Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment