Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Truly Grateful Card

Autumn is my favorite time of year!  I love to watch the leaves changing colors, the cooler weather and all the fun that comes along with autumn...apple picking, pumpkin patch visit, long family walks and the beginning of the crazy holiday season.  So I had to get the Truly Grateful stamp set and I am so glad that I did!
Truly Grateful Card with the Thankful for... greeting in the bottom left corner
I started with a smaller than usual layer of Crushed Curry on top of my Old Olive card base.  I stamped the background image vertically in Baked Brown Sugar twice on a piece of Whisper White card stock (image stamped side by side) and then trimmed the edges where there was any white left. 
Truly Grateful Card with the Truly Grateful greeting in the top left corner

I wanted to emboss the hay and the acorn but they don't make embossing powder in all the Stampin' Up! colors.  So I decided to try out a few ideas that I had.  FYI: You can stamp the image twice.  Once in the ink color of your color and then stamp again using Versamark and then cover in clear embossing powder.  Of course, this involves using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and some patience.  It worked but took too long for me.  Another idea that worked the best for this card...I thought the new ink pads are really juicy so maybe I could put clear embossing powder on top of the stamped ink.  Luckily, it worked!  I love feeling the texture on the stamped images of the hay and acorn after the images were embossed. Both images were hand cut to make them look authentic.  Finally, I added some of the new 7/16" Natural Trim to the layers but felt this card was missing something.  So I added some linen thread to the hay (suggested by Deena) which really made the card.  Thanks Deena!
Close up of embossed hay...I wish the picture could help you see the awesome texture it created.
Close up of embossed acorn

Ingredients:
  • Stamps: 
    • Truly Grateful
  • Paper:
    • Old Olive card stock: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (scored at 4 1/4")
    • Crushed Curry card stock: 5" x 3 1/2"
    • Whisper White card stock: 4 3/4" x 3 1/4"
  • Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Crushed Curry and Old Olive ink pads; Versamark ink pad
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Clear Embossing Powder
    • Word Window Punch (to punch out the wording)
    • 7/16" Natural Trim
    • Natural Linen Thread
    • Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment