Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Trick or Treat Card

I only have one stamp set with a Halloween stamp set in it...Tags 4 You.  I'm not a huge Halloween fan like most of our bakers here at Pink Paper Bakery.  So I tried to incorporate the Trick or Treat stamp from Tags 4 You into a card for my club members this month.  I had started by playing with some Witches' Brew Designer Washi Tape and then I was curious how embossing powder would do on Washi Tape.  Would the washi tape be too slick of a surface?  Would too much of the embossing powder smear on the washi tape?  No...it actually works great and looks great too!
Card #1: Trick or Treat
On this card, I placed Witches' Brew Designer Washi Tape on a piece of Whisper White card stock then embossed the Trick or Treat image onto the washi tape using Versamark and Black Embossing Powder.  Then, I cut out the image and washi tape layer using the Window Frames Collection Framelits, placed it onto another piece of black card stock cut out using the Window Frames Collection Framelits and placed it on a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock using dimensionals.  The Pumpkin Pie layer was embossed using the Chevron Embossing Folder and my Big Shot and then adhered to a Crumb Cake card base.  Lastly, I added a black bow using the 1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon.
Close up of Trick or Treat embossing
WW Scrap with washi tape after cutting out Window Frames Collection Framelits

On this card, I played with the look of the Witches' Brew Designer Washi Tape all over my card.  I added the bird image and the frame image from Apothecary Art using Whisper White craft ink on Basic Black card stock.  After it dried, I embossed the Trick or Treat image using Versamark and Black Embossing Powder.  I adhered the Basic Black card stock layer to a Tangerine Tango card base.  Finally, I added 2 candy dots in Tangerine Tango.
Card #2: Trick or Treat and Apothecary Art

Close up of Trick or Treat embossing on top of WW craft ink

Which Halloween card is your favorite?  Leave a comment below.  My favorite at the moment is the Pumpkin Pie/Crumb Cake card since the Trick or Treat image seems to pop off the card.

Ingredients:
Tags 4 You stamp set #131820 WM or #131823 CM
Witches' Brew Designer Washi Tape #132156 (only $4.95 for 3 rolls of washi tape = a great value!)
Black Embossing Powder #109133
Versamark Ink Pad 
Window Frames Collection Framelits #129021 - card #1 only
1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon #119261 - card #1 only
Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White card stock - card #1 color combos
Candy Dots in Brights #130931 (so easy to use; these candy dots are just like the rhinestone and pearl jewels; adhesive is already on the back of them so all you have to do is lift and stick on your card) - card #2 only
Chevron Embossing Folder #127749 - card #2 only
Basic Black and Tangerine Tango card stock - card #2 color combos


No comments:

Post a Comment