Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ombre Effect Card


The ombre effect has been all over the internet lately so I thought I would give it a try.  I used the color combination of Pool Party, Coastal Cabana (a new In Color for the 2013-2015 years) and Bermuda Bay (a returning color from the past).  I used the Elements of Style stamp set since it is one of my favorites and unfortunately, a soon-to-be retired stamp set.  For the first card, I purposely rocked my stamp to give the flowers a double effect & stamped off the Bermuda Bay bird to make it just a little bit lighter.  For the second card, I only used the color combination of Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay.
Close up of Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay color combo.  Also, I used the corner rounder on two edges to give the card a different look.

 

This second card is my favorite.  I stamped the flowers twice on the Whisper White card stock (once on the left side and a second time in the bottom middle/right side of the card).  I also stamped the greeting on a scrap piece of Coastal Cabana card stock before adding it vertically to my card.
Close up of the hummingbird with a pearl for the eye
Ingredients:
Elements of Style stamp set #118611 WM or #120045 CM
Trust God stamp set #132094 WM or #126702 CM
Sweet Essentials stamp set #132085 WM or #126457 CM
3/16" Corner Rounder punch #119871
Pearls
Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay ink and card stock

No comments:

Post a Comment