Friday, October 5, 2012

Card Cafe Challenge: Masking Technique

As I was creating this card for the Card Cafe over at Pink Paper Bakery, I felt like fall was finally making it's way to NC.  The warm colors, the cooler weather and the fact that it is October (which I still can't wrap my head around) has made it easier for me to start creating fall cards.  I masked the leaves by stamping two on post-it notes and then cutting them out and laying them on the card stock as I stamped my images.  Alternating the leaves I covered up (or "masked") to create the look of three leaves laying on top of each other.  Give it a try and let me know how your masking technique goes.
Day of Gratitude stamp set (Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade, Midnight Muse and Tangerine Tango color combo)

Close up of masking technique on leaves

1 comment: