Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Celebrate Today Friend Card

Card Closed
Card Opened
Today's card is one I created for Leadership Conference to swap with other demonstrators. I had the idea for this card on my mind for a few days. I knew that I wanted the balloon to look like a bunch of balloons once you opened the card. I just had to figure out how to execute my design with the card layout I had chosen. When it finally came together, I was thrilled with the end product and hope you are too. 

To create this card, cut and score the card stock like you normally would (4 -/2" x 11" and score at 5 1/2"). Add an additional score line to one of the sides of your card at 2 3/4". Then fold that part of your card base back and add some DSP. I stamped the balloons in Calypso Coral and Hello Honey on the inside of my card making sure that they went off the card stock a bit so they didn't overlap. You could overlap the balloons but you would need to do a bit of masking to make it look nice. 

After stamping the balloons inside the top of the card base, I stamped "birthday" in Coastal Cabana inside the Hello Honey balloon. Next, I stamped one balloon in Coastal Cabana on the same color card stock and cut it out using the Balloon Framelits. I attached it with some dimensionals on the top of my card base so that when I opened up the card you could see a balloon bunch. Last I stamped the greeting "to a great friend" in Calypso Coral and the tassel for the bottom of my balloon in Coastal Cabana on a Whisper White layer. I added some gray Washi tape then attached the layer to the Whisper White card base. 

Now it's your turn to give this fun card a try!
Close up

Ingredients:

  • Stamps
    • Celebrate Today stamp set
    • Simply Wonderful (SAB) stamp set
  • Paper
    •  Whisper White or Sahara Sand  – 4 ¼” x 11” (scored at 5 ½” and again at 2 ¾”)
    • Whisper White 4” x 5 ¼” for inside layer
    • 2 ½” x 4” – Best Year Ever DSP (SAB)
  • Ink
    • Calypso Coral
    • Coastal Cabana
    • Crushed Curry
  •  Accessories
    • Balloon Framelits
    • Sweet Dreams Washi Tape
    • Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment