Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Celebrate Today - Happy Birthday Card

my version of the Celebrate Today birthday card
Today's card inspiration comes from the Stampin' Success magazine.  A magazine sent every other month to Stampin' Up! demonstrators to provide some inspiration, give us some product information and business information as well.  The original card was made using Stampin' Up!'s notecards (see SU!'s original card below).  I decided to make it a normal size card using Whisper White card stock and layering it onto a Soft Sky card base.  It really made the balloons "pop" on the card with having a different colored card base.  I also decided to use Smoky Slate ink instead of Basic Gray as Stampin' Up! did in the original card.  I love how cute this card turned out and have already sent it out to my MIL for her birthday.  I will definitely be making a lot more of these birthday cards in different color combinations to use as my go-to birthday cards this year.
Stampin' Up!'s original HAPPY birthday card


Ingredients
  • Stamps:
    • Celebrate Today
  • Paper:
    • 4” x 5 ¼”  Whisper White card stock and scraps
    • 5 ½” x 8 ½” (scored at 4 ¼”) Soft Sky card stock
  • Ink:
    • Coastal Cabana
    • Hello Honey
    • Soft Sky
    • Smoky Slate
    • Wild Wasabi
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Balloon Framelits
    • Stampin’ Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment