Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Celebrate Today Card


I feel like I'm on a hot air balloon ride today.  I arrived in Orlando, Florida for Stampin' Up!'s Leadership Conference and I am so relieved to be family/kid-less for the next 4 days!  I love my kids but after spending the last 5 1/2 weeks with them being tracked out of school (we have year round schools here in NC), I am definitely ready for a break.  I am looking forward to all the card swaps, business classes, card and project demonstrations, and lots of time with my fellow demonstrator friends for the next 4 days.  So today's card is one I made to swap with other demonstrators while I'm in Florida.

Have you ever wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride?  Me either.  But this card makes it seem like so much fun.  Today's card was inspired from a swap card I did last year.  It used washi tape and a cut out heart so the washi tape peeked through. As a swap card for Leadership this year, I decided to do a similar card using the Celebrate Today stamp set.  I chose the hot air balloon since I had another idea for using the balloons.
Close up of hot air balloon with washi tape peeking out from the balloon cut out
First, I stamped my greeting at the bottom of the Whisper White card stock.  Next I added some washi tape to the center of the card stock alternating between 3 designs from the Sweet Dreams Washi Tape pack.  Then I cut out the hot air balloon from a Whisper White layer, stamped the bottom of the balloon underneath in Lost Lagoon and added it on top of the washi tape.  Don't you like the way the washi tape peeks through the hot air balloon cutout?  Finally, I added a small piece of Baker's Twine tied into a bow to the side of the hot air balloon layer.  I had a lot of fun making this card and hope you will give it a try as well.  Enjoy!

Ingredients: 

  • Stamps: 
    • Celebrate Today 
    • Because You Care (hostess set)
  • Paper:
    • 4 1/4" x 11" Crisp Cantaloupe card stock (scored at 5 1/2")
    • 4" x 5 1/4" & 3 7/8" x 3 1/4"  Whisper White card stock
  • Ink:
    • Lost Lagoon
  • Accessories:
    • Balloon Framelits
    • Sweet Dreams Washi Tape
    • Crushed Curry Baker's Twine (closest color to washi tape)
    • Stampiin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment