Wednesday, November 5, 2014

White Christmas Card

I was in desperate need to stamp this past week.  Stress and daily life can sometimes be too much so I usually reach for some stamps, card stock and ink the night away.  It's my personal therapy.

For this card, I stamped the trees from the White Christmas stamp set in Early Espresso to give them a realistic look.  I love how versatile this stamp set can be!  I can already picture using just the trees on a card or using the car, cardinals or star on a card or two in the near future.  Next, I added the polar bear and cardinals using the Memento Ink Pad.  I wanted to make sure the black ink didn't smear on the card stock so I used a permanent ink instead of Basic Black which can smear on the Whisper White card stock. Then, I added a touch of color with my Real Red Blendabilities to fill in the cardinals and gave the polar bear a shimmery-snow look by using some Dazzling Details (a glitter adhesive).  Tip: Squeeze the bottle lightly.  There can be air bubbles at times as you are putting the Dazzling Details on the polar bear.  Also, fill in any empty spots after you are done filling in the polar bear with the Dazzling Details.
Close up of Dazzling Details on polar bear

I think the polar bear looks like he is covered in snow as he goes through this winter scene.  I added this scene to a Lost Lagoon card stock layer.  Then adhered it with dimensionals to a Whisper White card base that I layered with some Basic Gray card stock and a bit of All Is Calm DSP.  Finally, I added a bow with Lost Lagoon ribbon and a small sentiment from the Good Greetings stamp set that was available as a promotion during September and October.   I stamped the "merry & bright" greeting in Real Red, punched it out with the Word Window punch and layered it on top of a Lost Lagoon layer punched out with the Modern Label punch.



Ingredients


·        Stamps:
          o   White Christmas
          o   Good Greetings
·         Paper:
          o   4 3/8” x 3 1/8”  Whisper White card stock
          o   4 5/8" x 3 3/8”  Lost Lagoon card stock 
          o   2" x 3 3/4" All Is Calm DSP
          o   5 ¼” x 4" Basic Gray card stock
                 o   4 ¼” x 11” (scored at 5 ½”) Whisper White card stock
·         Ink:
          o   Early Espresso
          o   Real Red
          o   Black Memento Ink
·         Tools and Accessories:
          o   Lost Lagoon 3/8" Silky Taffeta Ribbon
          o  Word Window Punch
          o   Modern Label Punch
          o   Stampin’ Dimensionals
          o   Dazzling Details Glitter adhesive 

No comments:

Post a Comment