Wednesday, September 10, 2014

For All Things Grateful Card

my version of autumn card
I was in a playful mood when I was creating this FALL card.  Spritzing water onto stamps (before stamping onto card stock), flicking ink from an aquapainter and adding a fun wooden leaf accent made this card a JOY to create!  The original layout came from our demonstrator only magazine - Stampin' Success.  This magazine gives such great ideas to begin with and then I change them up to make the card suit my style.  If you want to know more about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and the benefits of being a demonstrator including receiving this wonderful magazine, feel free to contact any of the demonstrators listed on the right.
Close-up of wooden leaf accent and splattered ink
For my card, I used the same neutral card base in Crumb Cake, added a Crushed Curry layer and added watercolored leaves in three wonderful colors (Crushed Curry, Blackberry Bliss and Crumb Cake) onto a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I tore both the Whisper White layer and the Crushed Curry layer to give the card a more interesting look.  The original card used the new Color Me Autumn DSP and a Basic Gold Metal Button in the upper left corner but I substituted a few things to make it suit my style more.  I went with the Color Me Autumn Washi Tape and used linen thread to tie on a wooden leaf accent from the Autumn Wooden Elements.  My fingers are still a Blackberry Bliss color from where I was splattering the ink on my card but it was so much fun to make.  I hope you'll give it a try some time.
original card from Stampin' Success magazine
Ingredients
·         Stamps:
o   For All Things
·         Paper:
o   4 ½” x 3 ¼”  Whisper White card stock
o   4 3/4" x 3 ½”  Crushed Curry card stock
o   5 ½” x 8 ½” (scored at 4 ¼”) Crumb Cake card stock
·         Ink:
o   Blackberry Bliss
o   Crumb Cake
o   Crushed Curry
·         Tools and Accessories:
o   Linen Thread
o   Autumn Wooden Elements
o   Color Me Autumn Washi Tape
o   Stampin’ Dimensionals
o   Spray bottle and water

No comments:

Post a Comment