Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Beautiful Bunch Card

Do you ever need a card to cheer up someone's day?  The flowers, bright colors and "you made my day" sentiment make this card perfect just for that!  I used the new In Colors - Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon with Smoky Slate.  The Beautiful Bunch stamp set was so easy to use with the help of the new Fun Flower Punch.  I love how easy Stampin' Up! makes it to coordinate your card stock, DSP, ink colors, stamp sets and punches or framelits.  It makes my life so much easier and as a mom of two kids, a SU! demonstrator, a 31 consultant, and a tutor of 4 students, I don't have time to hand cut many objects for my cards or to figure out color combinations that I think might work.

For this card, I started with a Smoky Slate card base and added a Whisper White layer.  I wanted to use the new Moonlight DSP so I chose a pattern I liked and added some Lost Lagoon card stock behind it.  By pure accident, my card stock ended up shorter than my DSP but I loved how it looked.  I even think I will be using this layout for another card in the future.  I added my sentiment in Lost Lagoon ink and then added the flowers in different places on my card.  To give my Lost Lagoon large flower some more detail, I sponged some Lost Lagoon ink around the edges.  It gave the flower more detail and a punch of color before adding it to the card.  After placing the punched out flowers where I wanted them, I added pearls to the centers to give it a feminine look.  A simple card made in no time at all...just the way I like it with my busy schedule.  I hope you'll give it a try soon!
Close up of flowers and sentiment
Ingredients
·         Stamps:
o   Beautiful Bunch
o   A Dozen Thoughts
·         Paper:
o   Lost Lagoon 2 ½” x 3" and scraps for punches
o   Hello Honey card stock scraps for punches
o   Smoky Slate card stock 4 ¼” x 11” (scored at 5 ½”) 
o   Whisper White card stock 4" x 5 ¼”
o   Moonlight DSP Stack 2 ¼” x 3 ¾”
·         Ink:
o   Lost Lagoon - sentiment & sponged on flower
o   Smoky Slate - used on large flowers before punching the flowers out
·         Tools and Accessories:
o   Fun Flower Punch
o   Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (flower only)
o   Pearl Jewels
o   Stampin’ Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment