Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I Think You're Lovely Card

I decided to use a simple layout for this card and the color combination of Crumb Cake and Whisper White to keep it simple. I stamped the wording and image three times since its all on one stamp.  I stamped it once in Pool Party and punched it out using the 1 3/4" Circle Punch.  I stamped it twice in Crisp Cantaloupe and cut one out using the Deco Labels Framelits and cut out just the word "LOVELY" by hand. Then I layered them on top of one another with dimensionals to give it some depth.  I also added the word "LOVELY" in Crisp Cantaloupe on top of the layers to give it a focal point.
Close up of wording and stamped image
After looking at my card for a few days, I decided it needed something more so I added some ribbon.  Since I don't have any Crisp Cantaloupe ribbon, I improvised with some 3/4" Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon and added some 7/16" Natural Trim Ribbon on top using glue dots.  This helped make the ribbon not look so bright and tied it in a bit more with the Natural Trim.  I love how simple and easy this layout was to put together.  I hope you'll give it a try the next time you're crafting.
Card before ribbon was added
Ingredients
·         Stamps:
o   You're Lovely - a Sale-A-Bration stamp set
·         Paper:
o   Crumb Cake card stock - 4” x 5 ¼"
o   Whisper White card stock 4 ½” x 11” (scored at 5 ½”) and scraps for wording and stamped image
·         Ink:
o   Crisp Cantaloupe
o   Pool Party
·         Tools and Accessories:
o   7/16" Natural Trim Ribbon
o   3/4" Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon
o   Deco Labels Framelits 
o   1 3/4" Circle Punch
o   Chevron Embossing Folder - embossed the Crumb Cake layer
o   Glue Dots
o   Stampin’ Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment