Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Love You Washi Tape Card

I loved this simple layout on a card I had seen last year using Washi Tape so I decided to replicate it as much as I could.  Sometimes my memory doesn't serve me well ;)
Retro Fresh This and That Designer Washi Tape Card
This card was so simple and easy to put together and used one of my customers' favorite items...Washi Tape. There are so many different things you can do with the Washi Tape. I love that it will lift back up and can be repositioned if you need to. For this card, I just placed 6 strips of Washi Tape on a Whisper White card base. Then I added a piece of Coastal Cabana punched out with a heart for the upcoming holidays. You could easily switch out the heart punch with another punch (butterfly, flower or use a bird, banner or camera framelit to add a different look). I added some Early Espresso Baker's Twine to the Coastal Cabana punched layer and attached it to the card using dimensionals. Finally, I added a sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners in Soft Suede on a So Saffron card stock and cut it out using the Bitty Banners Framelits. 

Give this simple Washi Tape card a try today!
Close up of washi tape and heart punched layer
Ingredients:

  • Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
  • Paper:
    • Whisper White card base - 5 ½” x 8 ½” (scored at 4 ¼”)
    • Coastal Cabana card stock - 2 ¾” x 2” (punch out a heart in the middle using the Full Heart punch)
    • So Saffron card stock -scraps for greeting (cut out using the Bitty Banners Framelits)
  • Ink:
    • Soft Suede
  • Tools:
    • Retro Fresh This and That Designer Washi Tape
    • Early Espresso Baker's Twine
    • Full Heart Punch
    • Bitty Banners Framelits
    • Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment