Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Love You More Card

For this card, I used the same layout as my You Mean the World to Me card.  It makes it so much easier to come up with card designs once I have a layout in mind.  I used the new Fresh Prints DSP since I love all the non-traditional holiday colors in it.  I just cut the DSP to the size I wanted and then flipped the same sheet over to match the colors in the card.  Then, I added the saying "Love You More" in Real Red, cut it out using the Chalk Talk Framelits and backed it with a Real Red layer cut out using the Chalk Talk Framelits once again.  I added the bird from the Backyard Basics stamp set and cut it out using the Backyard Basics Framelits.  I placed the bird under the wording so it looks like the bird is saying "Love You More" which I thought was so cute.  This is going to be my Valentine's Day card for all of our family members since they live far away.  It was so quick and easy to put together and duplicate that I already have my cards ready to send!  This Valentine's Day may be the first holiday that I send out my cards ahead of time and not the day or two before :)
Close up of Love You More wording and bird punched out
Ingredients:

  • Stamps: 
    • Love You More
    • Backyard Basics
  • Paper:
    • Crumb Cake card base - 5 ½” x 8 ½” (scored at 4 ¼”)
    • Coastal Cabana card stock - 4” x 5 ¼”
    • Fresh Prints DSP Stack - 4” x 2 ½” and 4” x 1” DSP pieces
    • Whisper White card stock - scraps for greeting (cut out using Chalk Talk Framelits)
    • Real Red card stock - scraps for greeting (cut out using Chalk Talk Framelits)
  • Ink:
    • Real Red ink pad
  • Tools:
    • Chalk Talk Framelits
    • Backyard Basics Framelits (for bird only)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment