Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Paper Doily Card

I decided to use a paper doily as the focal point for stamping.  I usually use a paper doily as a layer on my cards and projects but decided to try something new.  I love how it turned out!

The Afternoon Picnic DSP allowed me to chose the color combination quickly.  The Creative Elements stamp set gave me great detailed images to use on the paper doily.  Adding the butterfly from Papillion Potpourri in Coastal Cabana and popping it up with a dimensional gave the card just the right "pop" in color against the DSP background layer.  All I had left to do was add a quick greeting in Wisteria Wonder to tie in all the colors from the DSP.  I will definitely be stamping onto the paper doilies and using them as a focal point more often.
Close up of paper doily as a focal point of card
Ingredients:
  • Stamp Sets: 
    • Creative Elements
    • Label Love
    • Papillion Potpourri
  • Paper:
    • Very Vanilla (4 1/4" x 11"; scored at 5 1/2") and scraps for Artisan Label
    • Afternoon Picnic DSP (4" x 5 1/4")
  • Ink:
    • Coastal Cabana
    • Daffodil Delight
    • Pear Pizzazz
    • Wisteria Wonder
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Paper Doilies
    • Artisan Label punch
    • Bitty Butterfly punch

No comments:

Post a Comment