Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Truly Grateful and Blessings from Heaven Card

A friend of mine is in need of some cheering up and lots of prayers so I sat down to create a card that would let her know that I was thinking of her. With cooler weather and the start of fall, I decided to use the Truly Grateful stamp set and add the Blessings from Heaven greetings stamp set.
I decided to make this card a little bit different.  The Crumb Cake base layer is cut 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and then I added a 5" x 7 1/2" (scored at 3 3/4") So Saffron layer which opens up like a regular card.  I stamped the hay in So Saffron a few times on my 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" Very Vanilla card stock and added an acorn in Crumb Cake at the top left corner.  Finally, I added a tiny Bermuda Bay button with Linen Thread tied in a bow and added an appropriate saying in Bermuda Bay cut out with the Large Oval punch and backed with a Bermuda Bay Curly Label punch.  I love how the Bermuda Bay color pops on the So Saffron and Crumb Cake card!
Ingredients:
  • Stamps: 
    • Truly Grateful
    • Blessings from Heaven
  • Paper:
    • Crumb Cake card stock: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
    • So Saffron card stock: 5" x 7 1/2" (scored at 3 3/4")
    • Very Vanilla card stock: 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
  • Ink: Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake and So Saffron ink pads
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Large Oval Punch (to punch out the wording) 
    • Curly Label Punch
    • Brights Designer Buttons
    • Natural Linen Thread
    • Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment