Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Daydream Medallions and Tags 4 You Card

With autumn finally here, I'm beginning to feel the holidays quickly approaching so I thought I would begin creating some holiday cards.  I wanted to make a holiday card that would use Bermuda Bay since this color just pops off the page.  By stamping two of the medallions from the Daydream Medallions stamp set in Smoky Slate and Bermuda Bay, it allowed me to make the medallions look like a snowflake or ornament in the middle of the Whisper White card stock.  I added some Silver 1/8" Ribbon and a bow created with the same ribbon along with the "Holly Jolly Christmas" greeting from Tags 4 You to make it look like part of an ornament hanging from the top of my card.  I added this stamped layer to a Winter Frost DSP layer and a Bermuda Bay card base to finish the card.  I hope you enjoy this simple holiday card done without using a holiday stamp set!
Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate and Whisper White color combo + Daydream Medallions and Tags 4 You stamp sets =            a quick and easy holiday card with some "pop"
Close up of the greeting popped up to add to the look of an ornament hanging from the top of the card.

Ingredients:

  • Stamps: 
    • Daydream Medallions 
    • Tags 4 You
  • Paper:
    • Bermuda Bay card stock: 4 1/2" x 11" (scored at 5 1/2")
    • Whisper White card stock: 4" x 5"
    • Winter Frost Designer Series Pack: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Ink: Bermuda Bay and Smoky Slate ink pads
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Label Bracket punch
    • Silver 1/8" Ribbon
    • Rhinestone Jewels
    • Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment