Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Season's Greetings Card

Winter Wonderland Simply Created set - red sled card
Sorry I've been missing from the blog for the past few weeks. I've been sick with a cold then a sinus infection, my kids have been sick and then I pulled a muscle in my back and have been having back spasms for a few days.  To say the least stamping was the last thing I could do.  It was mostly rest, hydrate and rest some more for me.  It's been challenging for me to take a break.  I have a "Type A" personality and always have something that needs to get done.  Guess my body knew that I needed some rest before the upcoming holidays.

To help make the transition back into stamping and paper crafting easier for me, I used the Watercolor Winter Simply Created kit so I wouldn't have to find my creative mojo right away.  This kit is amazing!  It's so much fun to watercolor the sled or some letters to make a word.  It makes you feel like an artist!  And putting it all together to create a beautiful card is so easy.  Stampin' Up! has already die cut everything for you so all you have to do is punch out the gold glimmer paper, the vellum snowflakes or holly leaves, the sled or letters after watercoloring them, and adhere them to your card base.  The best part...your card base and envelope are already printed with fake snow and/or lines for an address.  What could be better than quick and easy cards this time of year?
Sled card with matching envelope
Watercolor Winter Simply Created Kit - item #135869
This kit includes everything you need to create 20 cards and envelopes.  All you need to add is a greeting stamp, ink, adhesive and a very small bit of your time.  If you think these cards could only be for the holidays, think again.  My Club members were creating winter birthday, anniversary, and thinking of you cards with this kit as well.  So order your kit (or two) today and have fun creating some beautiful cards.  Bonus: this kit (Watercolor Winter Simply Created Kit - item #135869) is on sale right now for only $17.49.  A great value for $24.95 but even better with the Year-End Closeout Sale! 



Ingredients
Stamps:
    o   Four Seasons (retired)
Paper:
    o   Bermuda Bay card stock - precut for you
    o   Kraft-like card stock- precut and scored for your cardbase
    o   Vellum snowflake and Whisper White sled - precut for you
Ink:
    o   Cherry Cobbler
    o   Bermuda Bay
Tools and Accessories:
    o   Very Vanilla Baker's Twine - included in kit
    o   White Sequins - included in kit
    o   Gold Glimmer Paper - precut and included in kit
    o   Glue Dots (not included in kit)

No comments:

Post a Comment